CATALOGUE NAME : Solo Africa
CATEGORY : Medical / Pharmaceutical Sciences Sports / Health Technologies / Research
Valencene is an aroma ingredient present in the peel of oranges and in certain other plants. It is responsible for the characteristic smell of oranges.
By brewing valencene from sugar, rather than extracting it from orange peel oil, Evolva’s process allows valencene to be made in large amounts in a highly reproducible, sustainable and affordable manner.
The importance of valencene
Valencene is an aroma ingredient present in the peel of oranges and in certain other plants. It is responsible for the characteristic smell of oranges. Until now, its use has been restricted by its high cost, limited supply and inconsistent product quality.
Benefits of evevalencene
- To obtain 1 kg of valencene requires approximately 2.5 million kg of oranges, equivalent to the annual yield of 10,000 orange trees
- Sourcing valencene from fruit is neither sustainable nor economical, consequently, it is prohibitively expensive
Our valencene - a solution for common supply chain problems
- No seasonal variations
- No batch-to-batch variations
- Consistent quality
- A predictable and reliable supply chain
A versatile ingredient
Valencene is a key ingredient in driving consumer preference across a broad range of products, including food and beverage, fragrances, personal care and home care products.
We manufacture our valencene using a unique and patented fermen- tation process. This is followed by further purification to tailor the specific properties, taste and aroma profiles of each product.
- Valencene N is made by Evolva to a minimum purity of 60-70%. This product has the very raw and robust profile of a material taken directly from the fermentation process with minimum purification. The raw nature of valencene N makes it an ideal and affordable material designed solely for further conversion into nootkatone.
- Valencene D has been created to a minimum purity of 65-75%. Further purification of our valencene N creates the unique taste and aroma profile. This product has been developed specifically for application in new products where a more definitive and refined woody background profile is required.
- Valencene T has a sweet, orange, woody, citrus profile and a mini- mum purity of 60-70%, created by Evolva for use as an afford- able alternative to valencene derived from citrus.